We are committed to finding and treating the causes of disorders
BNC is a multidisciplinary clinic committed to finding and treating the underlying causes of childhood neurodevelopmental disorders, as well as adolescent and adult mental health disorders. Our team includes licensed health professionals that provide medical, psychological, educational, neuroscientific, and microbiological assessment and treatment services to all ages. We take clients from all over Australia, and overseas. We conduct initial assessments, diagnose, treat, and monitor the progress of all people living with ASD, ADHD, and other mental health disorders.
Our team at BNC are dedicated to investigating the underlying factors associated with neurodevelopmental disorders such as ASD, ADHD, Learning Difficulties, PANDAS/PANS and more. To enable the best outcomes, we are committed to addressing the contributing and maintaining factors.
- Psychological assessments for ADHD, anxiety, depression, and mood other disorders.
- Cognitive tests, including IQ tests, speech, and language assessments.
- Sleep assessments.
- Quantitative EEG (QEEG), for the brain abnormalities that underpin mental health issues.
- The Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA), a computer-based screening tool used to detect attention problems.
- Biomedical investigations, including blood tests that can detect deficits inthe key nutrients essential for a healthy brain.
- Faecal Microbiology to look for bowel dysfunction, many of which are responsible for nutrient deficiencies.
- Screening for genetic polymorphisms (weaknesses) that predispose us to modern diseases.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT:
- Diagnosis for learning difficulties, receptive language disorder, dyslexia, behavioural disorders or difficulties, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Treatment may include (as required) psychological counselling, a behavioural program, a listening program, dietary recommendations, nutritional supplementation, and neurotherapy.
INTERVENTIONS FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS:
- A diet recommended for ADHD and nutritional recommendations (based off bloodwork).
- Assessment and treatment of IBS (e.g., loose stools, diarrhea,and/or constipation).
- Recommendations for intervention and management of behaviours at home and school.
- In-clinic, home, and school-based early behavioural intervention services.
- In-Clinic or home-based neurotherapy (neurofeedback) for attention deficits and performance enhancement.
- Speech, language therapy or a listening program.
- Neurotherapy for poor impulse control, poor concentration, and distractibility.
- Therapy for Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD).
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) using the PRT method for ASD.
- Cognitive therapies for anxiety and depression.
- Counselling to aid the development of psycho-social skills,and to reduce anxiety and depression in all age groups.
- Movement exercises for dyspraxia and primordial reflexes.
- Literacy programs: one-on-one assistance or computer-based tutoring.
- Programs to help children transition to school and integrateinto the classroom.
- Assistance with NDIS and funding applications, to help families maximize their entitlements.
INTERVENTIONS FOR ADULTS:
- Assessment and treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and counselling for anxiety, depression, and sleep disorders.
- Neurotherapy and nutritional supplementation for adult ADHD and mood disorders.
- Nutritional protocols and support for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.